Sunshine, Rain, Wind, Snow, Repeat?
Sounds like the worst cycle ever—which we in the Midwest just lived through—it was! Summer is upon us, nonetheless, and we are excited to be back again for another edition of On The Fly. The hustle of the marketing committee has continued since our last update! We have several newsworthy announcements that we are excited to share! One of the biggest is finalizing our new handle on Instagram! Please go show us love @weareNGPA, and don’t forget to continue using #iamNGPA! Furthermore, we also released version 5.0 of the NGPA Marketing & Branding Guide.
We have made good progress with working towards our goal of 10K on Instagram, approaching 9.4K! We began modifying our LinkedIn content to better meet the needs of the platform and our members’ professional growth. Be on the lookout for a new NGPA LinkedIn presence over the next few weeks! Through a new partnership with Serendipity & Co. (a marketing firm representing other aviation clients/businesses), members will receive a discount (-20%) on this weekend's upcoming conference hosted by The Pilot Network (TPN) in Orlando, FL. Discounted admission can be secured by using the discount code: TPNxNGPA or this link. Other minor updates to documents, tabling resources, and other internal branding are also being adjusted!
Surpass 10k followers on Instagram
- We need support from our members to reach this goal! Increasing our followership will unlock new marketing instruments. Please interact with our posts as much as possible by liking, sharing, and reposting with your family, friends, and colleagues. We hope to complete this project by June 1.
Develop a Social Media Pride Month Campaign
- As the representative organization for the LGBTQ+ Aviation Community, we feel it is important to have a strong presence during pride month. We plan to represent from June 1 to June 30! Stay tuned! Implementation is scheduled to begin on June 1.
Achieve Facebook and Instagram Verification
- Since we are no longer @ngpa2, we want to make the step to gain blue checkmarks! We see nothing but added benefits and exposure by completing this, which will only enhance the member experience. We hope to complete this project by June 1.
- Analyze components of OTF to understand what content readers want.
- Establish uniformity within our social media platforms.
- Review and compare quarterly social media analytics to understand opportunities for adaptation and growth.
We want to hear from you! If you have any questions or ideas for the Marketing Committee, submit them here.