The National Gay Pilots Association is pleased to announce the 2019 NGPA Industry Expo Presented by United Airlines, will be held Friday, Feb. 8, 2019 at the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel. Guest speakers and educational seminars for general aviation, business/corporate, and commercial pilots are in the lineup of events, which cater to a broad range of aviation interests.
The Expo will feature hundreds of ATP-qualified active airline pilots seeking employment, general aviation pilots interested in new products and services, and budding aviators seeking opportunities at flight schools for their career advancement. Guest speakers and educational seminars for general aviation, business/corporate, and commercial pilots are in the lineup of events, including:
• John and Martha King have used technology and clear, simple, and fun teaching to make aviation knowledge more accessible to pilots throughout the world. Today their company, King Schools, Inc which started in a spare bedroom in the Kings’ house, operates out of a dedicated complex in San Diego, California that includes a video and software production facility. Over more than 40 years, King Schools has delivered many millions of courses to pilots in training. Through intimate video instruction John and Martha King have taught more pilots than anyone in the history of aviation—for many years teaching more than half the pilots in the United States learning to fly. It's no surprise that pilots throughout the world know John and Martha and regard them as their personal aviation mentors.
• Brian Kelly, founder and CEO of The Points Guy (TPG), is the preeminent voice when it comes to loyalty programs, credit cards, and travel. Voted Forbes number one travel influencer in 2017, Kelly is an industry leader, shaping the way consumers and brands approach travel while promoting an avid belief to use travel as a force for good.
• Capt. Dana Archibald, President & CEO of The Aviation Family Fund (AFF), a non-profit established to assist aviation families with financial help throughout chemical dependency treatment. Mr. Archibald was formerly Chairman for the Airline Pilots Association International (ALPA) Human Intervention and Motivation Study (HIMS) program for seven years and Chairman of the FAA Advisory Board for HIMS.
• Col. Buff Burkel, Chief of Air Mobility Command’s Aviation Energy and Innovation Division, Scott AFB, IL. Col. Burkel leads cross-directorate and multi-organizational efforts to develop more efficient and innovative cultural, procedural, and technical applications of aviation energy that enhance and increase effectiveness in delivering cargo, fuel, and passengers to joint and coalition warfighters across the globe
• Breakout sessions and workshops focusing on LGBT issues, aviation education, women at NGPA, advocacy, development, and new NGPA members.
• A full list of keynotes, presentations, and workshops is available at www.ngpa.org
Our event app, which will be published this fall, will describe the event in detail. Download it here >
The 2019 NGPA Industry Expo Presented by United Airlines is an event not to be missed!