Is it too late to say Happy New Year? Nonetheless, we hope your year kicks off with a bang and that 2023 provides fruitful opportunities in both your personal and professional endeavors. As promised, the NGPA Marketing Committee is delivering on a couple of our short-term projects by the close of this month. We have completed Version 5.0 of the NGPA Marketing & Branding Guide, and it should be approved and disseminated sometime next week. We are also on track to roll out our revamped professional LinkedIn presence at the beginning of February.
Last week we embarked on a longer-term goal of establishing brand consistency with our social media accounts, more specifically, Instagram. The refreshed design of scholarship announcements is one way that we are bringing NGPA brand elements into every post going forward. We know that manipulating how we use our brand will increase brand presence, and, more importantly, we hope it boosts our brand recognition and popularity.
We plan to highlight members of color and those who identify as women during the February and March editions of On The Fly, respectively. If you are interested in writing, please let us know! If you hate the idea of authoring a piece, just send us a photo!
Surpass 10k followers on Instagram
- We need support from our members to reach this goal! Increasing our followership will unlock new marketing instruments. Please interact with our posts as much as possible by liking, sharing, and reposting with your family, friends, and colleagues. We hope to complete this project by the end of Q1 2023.
Establish a more professional LinkedIn presence
- Outlining types and frequency of postings that are consistent with the workplace atmosphere of the platform. Growing this platform is necessary as well so that we can continue to enhance displayed offerings via Career Connection. We hope to implement this project in early February 2023.
Collaborate with ally organizations
- Working with like-minded organizations will allow us to capitalize on shared experiences, resources, and membership. Our Peer Organization Liaison is brainstorming ideas to execute this project. This project is ongoing.
- Analyze components of OTF to understand what content readers want
- Establish uniformity within our social media platforms
- Review and compare quarterly social media analytics to understand opportunities for adaptation and growth
Join our team! To continue great work, we need more talented and dedicated volunteers. Reach out to either of us for more information or if you are interested in getting involved.
We want to hear from you! If you have any questions or ideas for the Marketing Committee, submit them here.